Sunday 16 September 2012

Chester the crochet cat and Taffy the crochet bear help with Hedge Trimming!

Hello

It's that time of the week again! I shall be visiting Handmade Harbour for the fantastic Handmade Monday Link Party later but first I must start by thanking you for your comments from last week, I read them all but didn't get the opportunity to reply to them this week.  I love receiving them though, so please don't stop!!

Unfortunately no makes this week so I thought you may like to see what Chester and Taffy have been up to.  I'll just give you a quick update on the WIP first.

Hobbycraft
This project is still progressing slowly!  I have a lot of measuring to do in a moment which probably will involve maths too.  Ugh! not my favourite bit of the project, but very necessary.  I am hoping to go and collect the yarn tomorrow, providing the supplier has the correct colour in stock (no I can't tell you what colour it is yet!!!).

Kidsilk Haze Stripe Cardigan
Also progressing slowly!  I'm half way up both fronts now but I think it may have to be put on hold if I get the yarn for the Hobbycraft project tomorrow!!

Chester and Taffy
And now to see what these two characters have been up to.  For those of you not yet familiar with Chester and Taffy click on their individual links below and all will be revealed!

We had some major hedge trimming to do this weekend so enlisted the help of Chester and Taffy!  Or should that read hindrance!  Chester was quite useful as he is rather tall and could reach the high bits but as usual Taffy was up to mischief and no Uncle Martin in sight!

Fiddly Fingers Chester crochet cat hedge trimming up a ladder

Fiddly Fingers crochet cat Chester cutting hedge

Chester Fiddly Fingers crochet cat filling hedge cutter with petrol
Onto the BIG machine now - just need to fill it up with petrol!

Fiddly Fingers crochet cat Chester Taffy crochet bear getting into mischief  mending hedge trimmer
Uh Oh!  Look who's on the scene now!
What have you got in your hand Taffy?

No Taffy!  This is not helpful at all!
(There is no real petrol anywhere near this picture.  
NEVER put matches anywhere near petrol)

Fiddly Fingers large crochet cat Chester Taffy crochet bear busy mending hedge trimmer
OMG what was Taffy thinking of!

Fiddly Fingers crochet bear Taffy sweeping leaves
That's far more helpful Taffy!  
Thank you for clearing up the mess!

Fiddly Fingers crochet bear Taffy climbing top step ladder

Now what are you up to? You'll get stuck!!!

Fiddly Fingers crochet bear Taffy climbed ladder now stuck

What did I tell you Taffy?  How do you think you're going to get down now then?
Perhaps best to leave him up there, he can't get into any more mischief up there can he?

Fiddly Fingers crochet bear Taffy holding hosepipe watering patio
Well somehow he got down!!!!  I tell you it's worse than having children!
You need eyes in the back of your head!!


I hope you have enjoyed Chester and Taffy's antics.
It made us chuckle and we knew what was coming next!
Hopefully this little picture gallery has helped brighten up your week or maybe
it will put a smile on your face for the week to come!
Have a good one, whatever you are doing!
Bye for now, see you next week :)

55 comments:

  1. What fun photos! Certainly more fun than trimming hedges. Thanks for sharing as indeed they have bought a smile to my face, on what is turning out to be a miserable Sunday afternoon with greyness and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them :) We've not got any rain yet down in Devon but I'm sure we'll get our fair share - we usually do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we really need a Chester as we ahve some high hedges too. What a lovely post - I always enjoy your Chester and Taffy tales. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, so funny. I would like to commission a Chester of my very own as he looks so useful - would he arrive already trained in gardening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very adaptable but may need a little support! Lol!

      Delete
  6. I hope you pay those boys for their labour and not exploit their good natures. I would love a couple of helpers like that around. Taffy does need to realise though he could have gone up with bang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband roared when he read your comment. I think it was the bit about Taffy going up with a bang!

      Delete
    2. I don't think your hubby should be laughing! Unless he takes his guardianship responsibilities more seriously Taffy will end up going bad ways and needing Bear Borstal, it's no joke! Someone could have been seriously hurt!

      Delete
  7. That's so funny. Chester looks like a pro gardener very helpful to have around the place, although Taffy looks like a handful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes he is rather! I blame it on Uncle Martin's influence in Taffy's formative months!

      Delete
  8. ha ha! love it!

    looks like Chester is a dab hand with the hedge trimmer... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the chuckle. You could make children's books with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant, I love reading about these two, they remind me of Laurel & Hardy.
    Great photo's, I'll bet you had fun taking them.

    Jan x

    ps... yes I do chalkboards for birthdays and other special occasions, they are quite popular. :o)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely analogy :) We do enjoy taking the photos - definitely better than cutting the hedge! Taffy can prove a bit of a problem from time to time though!

      I thought the chalkboards may prove popular, they definitely struck a cord with me!

      Delete
  11. Please can I borrow Chester and Taffy? My lawn needs mowing and my patio weeding?!

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send them over! Keep an eye on Taffy though he is easily distracted!

      Delete
  12. That Taffy is a bit of a little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos and a great tale of Chester and Taffy!Love Chester on the ladders!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are so funny I love them. They certainly seem more helpful than Shiloh, all he does is let Lee sweep up and he then pounces and kills the leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about helpful! Shiloh sounds rather cute I think!

      Delete
  15. You can send these guys round to mine they seem pretty useful - some really cute photos. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll talk nicely to them! See if I can persuade them to pop round!

      Delete
  16. Wow I didn't realize Chester and Taffy got into so much mischief!
    Hope your numbers all add up for Hobbycraft, maths isn't my favourte either.
    Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest problem at the moment is getting hold of the yarn!! Only then can I tell if the maths work!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. That's good, I was hoping it would have this effect on people :)

      Delete
  18. I love it! That's really brought a big smile to my face - just wondering if you live near a major road as it might cause a few problems seeing a giant knitted cat peering over the hedge lol! Glad that they're so helpful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they made you smile :) Luckily the hedge borders a quiet lane! My OH took him down the road in his open top Mazda a while back though and that did attract some attention!

      Delete
  19. Well this is the first time I've met chester and taffy, they seem like quite a pair. How big is Chester and where does he reside when not gardening or helping around the home? Does he have his own room ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you scroll to the top of the post and click on 'Chester the Extreme Crochet Cat' you will find out all about him. He's about 6ft tall and sits on a chair in the dining room most of the time, sometimes he's allowed in the lounge when we need the seat and if both places are full he curls up and has a nap on the floor!!! He's very accommodating really!!

      Delete
  20. That Taffy is so naughty. He's forgotten that Santa will be coming in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol! I'll remind him of that next time he starts getting up to mischief :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was serious about the books! I am just letting you know that I have nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger award. You often have humor in your posts and do some amazing things. I enjoy reading about the things you and Chester get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww! Thank you that's so very kind of you. Do I have to do anything for this award?

    Scarlet Dash suggested books too. The trouble is I have no idea where to start, do you or does anyone else know anything about this?

    Thank you for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. hahaha brilliant!!! Chester and Taffy never fail to put a smile on my face. Fantastic reading as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara :) Glad you enjoyed their mischief making!

      Delete
  25. This is fantastic! Did you make those? I can't wait to show these to my little ones tomorrow, they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi there! Yep I crocheted them both! This link will take you to the blog page which shows how I made Chester http://fiddlyfingers.blogspot.co.uk/p/chester-extreme-crochet-cat.html You will find a few more posts on here about Chester and Taffy which I'm sure your children would like :) Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so funny lol!!! You are amazing so creative! Nice to meet ya chicky! Stop by my blog when you get a second and lets be friends? Maybe we could follow each other??
    XOX
    Ash@ABpetite
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow. what on earth did you fill that cat with?? a tonne of stuffing???
    amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://fiddlyfingers.blogspot.co.uk/p/chester-extreme-crochet-cat.html

      This page will tell you all about how Chester was made and yes the stuffing was the worst bit! Glad you like him :)

      Delete
  29. Oh my my my!! I've been in love with Chester for quite some time now and today I caught a glimpse of Taffy! I love the colors and shape of Taffy, beautifully done :)

    Great job with the photos, they just leave you wanting more!

    It was great to see you on twitter today, thank you for sharing my micro bear. That was a nice surprise

    Sharon xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so pleased you like Taffy, I was very lucky to find this pattern, he worked up perfectly. The yarn I used for Taffy was pure welsh wool, so this is why we chose a welsh name for him :)

    Visiting you on Twitter - you're very welcome:) Your micro bear is amazing. Can you imagine what he would look like next to Chester, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes. We make the perfect examples for the opposite ends of extreme crochet. Extremely small and extremely large!

      It's extremely awesome :)

      Delete
  31. What kind of yarn did you use? Wool, but what size? The largest Amineko I've ever seen........... congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micol, I used double knitting/aran thickness but I crocheted with 5 strands at a time. If you use this link it will take you to the page that explains exactly how he was made http://www.fiddlyfingers.blogspot.co.uk/p/chester-extreme-crochet-cat.html. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  32. WOW! Its soo cute Crochet cat and taffy. Just love the way you have described, Soo nice blog. Hedge Trimming

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.